Sunday, April 12, 2009

so much stuff

I was away, now I'm back.

It was too cold for too long up here in the North, so we took off to the South to find the Spring, and for the most part we did. It was a bit breezy in Augusta when we were there, but all the flowers were ready for the big tournament, everything was in bloom. We drove north to the Blue Ridge Mountains and found a bit of snow, but that faded the next day and it was warm and friendly. Those mountains are beautiful and accessible and fun as you can still get creamy, cheesy grits, that you can't find up here.

But then I returned and had to catch-up with the bills, the paper-work, the cleaning, the shopping, the sorting and the arranging. It all kind of sucks.

I have a couple of clients who refuse to do that. Yes, they are in debt, on the verge of being homeless and live in clutter, some in filth, but I can see their point. There is so much stuff to do, just to stay where you are. It is so time consuming and boring. Someone should do it for me!

I see how much time, expense and effort it takes for a family when one of their members can't, or won't do their part, at least for themselves. It can exhaust everyone. At what point do you cut them loose and let them sink, especially it it is your own kid.

I am very grateful that those who I have brought into the world have been able to fly off on their own. They seem to be quite able to slog through the necessities of getting their stuff done.

However, they best not forget from whence they came.

3 comments:

KathyA said...

1. Your last comment made me smile!
2. Our daughter attended college in SW VA in the middle of the Blue Ridge and it is quite beautiful!
3. The photo of the vineyard is beautiful; where is it?
4. We're hosting a going away party for our best friends next Sunday (They're moving to San Diego) and I'm serving shrimp and grits. You're, of course, invited!

Amanda said...

This picture looks like somewhere in Italy!

Raine said...

To my way of thinking if they "can't" then you dont cut them loose. Wont is a different story