Sunday, June 28, 2009

grumpy

I don't know where you are but everyone around here is grumpy. I get the worst of it because most of my clients are grumpy anyway. They are a not too happy a bunch, that's why they come to see me. My job is to cheer them up, and juggling doesn't always work.

But now everyone is damp, cold, moldy and sick of it. We haven't seen the sun much, and when it comes out it quickly goes away, which makes everything worse. I don't know how people survive in Seattle, although I hear it's nice out there now. Maybe it has to do with expectations. I guess if you live in Alaska in the winter, you know what to expect. Maybe all there is to do up there is get drunk and vote for Sarah Palin.

But it is supposed to be summer here now. It's supposed to be hot,and sunny. These are supposed to the the days that reward us for March. Instead it seems like March.

Everyone is angry and looking for someone to blame. It takes its toll on relationships, on businesses, on travel, and on everyone's view of how fair and considerate the world is. If people don't feel they are being treated fairly, they respond by being mean.

It all goes back to Reagan. When he and his advisers were first told about climate change they scoffed and put on sun glasses. Now we have 100 heat in 40 states and New England has had rain on 20 of the last 24 days.

Everyone is grumpy.

3 comments:

KathyA said...

But I notice you escape unscathed! :)
...and a therapist who juggles! Wow!

Lena said...

Today we had a beautiful sunny day with not a drop of rain. First day in ages. But they are predicting rain for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.... sigh.

Amanda said...

Same weather here. And SAD lamp is broke. Just grumpy for now. I only get mean when my son's school tries forcing the parents to socialize with each other. :P

And good weather won't change that.