Saturday, November 06, 2010

the next big thing

It's not that I haven't been thinking, is just that I haven't been writing.  I wanted to give two or three examples of the frustrations I have, based on my last post.  But then the election got kind of heated, and my friend came from across the mountains, and mostly, we are waiting for this baby to arrive.

I guess a new generation kind of changes things, from what I've been told.  Having a sleeping, eating, crying dependent person enter your world can become the focus of attention, especially as this will be the first of the next generation.  I won't have to get up in the middle of the night that often, I don't think, yet.

But, she, my daughter, is in the end stages of cooking this thing.  Could be today, could be another week.

I've heard this has been done before.  But not by me.  And, like others, being a bit solipsistic, mine is probably the most beautiful, smartest, most clever, with the greatest potential.

Maybe next week I will post 500 pictures.

Right now we just sit and wait, and try not to worry.

4 comments:

Lena said...

That is wonderful! Congratulations.

Grandchildren bring a new energy to the family. I can't wait until we have grandchildren.

Keep us posted!

Amanda said...

No wonder you are nervous and can't post. I hope everything goes well. :)

Forsythia said...

Your life will never be the same. Our younger grandbaby is 2 and 1/2 and I think the stork has moved on to other families. Makes me a little wistful. They grow up so fast!

Jane said...

:O)