Tuesday, February 16, 2016

These times

We were away.  We drove home.  It was warm there.  It was cold here, but now it's warmer, and raining.

I had a great time in Miami.  It is the city of the future.  I will tell you why when I have the chance.

We had an interesting ride home.  We stopped in new places.  We also visited with good friends who live along the way.  They were all going through different things in their lives.  It was good to see them. But they were very busy, despite trying not to be.

We returned to mail, email, the kids, the grandkids, preparing for the work i had to do today, and then for next week.  Trying to do taxes, to deal with the neighbors, with other sick friends, with friends who are well, who are getting divorced after 42 years of marriage.  Others who want to get together, and have great idea of what we can do, but we can't find a common time until the end of April.

There is also the rest of the world, the crazy election, all of the changes going on in my profession, in the other sciences related to human behavior, that I want to have time to think about, but don't

and then it snowed
and then it rained.
then the two year old had trouble breathing so he went to the doctor and the doctor was worried so they sent him to the ER and that took three hours. We had to take care of his sister and worry about him, but he's ok.
Now the five year old is out of school, so we have to watch her, and then cover for the two year old whose day care is closed for the week.

And i am beginning to say goodbye to the rest of my patients as I will stop the direct clinical part of my work in June.
That's good and that's bad, but it's finally clear, but it's not easy.

And my life is good! and I am healthy!  Yet it is overflowing, and too much and too fast, with no time to reflect or draw conclusions or feel as if I am running my own existence.

Just running downhill, too fast, on top of wet leaves, hoping to to crash.

No comments: