Sunday, October 04, 2009

stop by the O. R.

I don't think things were always this way, so fast, so busy, so far. We traveled a few hundred miles this weekend to be with a friend, and his friends for his birthday. One of my kids flew a few thousand miles to be with her friend for a wedding. My other kid started a new job, my son-in-law is about jump to a brand new company and take a risk. I have every hour booked for when I get back and a waiting list of about a dozen people who I have no time to see. All thin insurance companies are, again, slightly altering their rules, so I have to revise how I handle the paperwork. I am sure that the results of all this health care reform, no matter how it comes out, will be that they will pay us less. It makes me want to flee the system, except that 95% of the people I see are through the system.

And tomorrow I stop by the hospital and have two parts of my eye replaced. One will be replaced with plastic and for the other I will have somebody else's cornea stitched onto my eye.

I was getting kind of freaked out by the surgery until I read that I probably won't need too much sedation. I should be hone in a couple of hours.

I will see what I can see ....literally.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Good Lord. I'm freaking out just reading about it.

All my best and a speedy recovery to you.

Jamie said...

Good heavens therapist. Let us know how it goes, okay?

Lena said...

Yes, let us know how it goes. I will be thinking of u.

KathyA said...

Good luck. I hope it goes quickly and well. Do you have insurance? ;)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you well on your surgery..hope all goes as planned and you have a speedy recovery.

take care

Julie