Saturday, September 06, 2008

discussion?

Well, we are beginning to get some reactions here. I can't quite call it a discussion when some of the folks seem pretty much off the wall. That often seems to be the way political discussions go these days. I don't know where the raping and killing part comes in. Are people really still that afraid of Black people?

Amanda -- please register and vote, even if it means using a couple of stamps. If I knew where you were I'd forward some to you.

One thing the Republicans are very skilled at is creating symbols. They have been running on the same issues for decades, but they really don't talk about issues. They get people to feel for patriotism, safety and loyalty -- and even when what they actually do is really harmful to the nation they still are able to get people to feel that it is more American somehow, to be that way.

McCain is now running ads that trash his own policies and his own party, and then he blames it on Obama. If McCain wins the only thing that is going to change is the face of the man in the White House, but he poses as St. Patrick, and about to drive all the snakes away.

I really do think that Obama wants to create more of a caring society atmosphere in this country than anything we have seen since FDR. McCain is a true believer in American Individualism -- which ends up beong every person for himself, which then results in those who have more power and influence taking advantage of that and depriving others of their opportunities. Something like good health care really takes the kind of cooperation that this country has not been good at.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay..typical democrat...it's not BLACK people, it's DEMOCRATS. Surely you're not that dumb?

Anonymous said...

The scary thing is that many black people will vote for Obama simply because he's BLACK and don't listen to what he stands for and LIES ABOUT. That response pretty much proved that.

Lena said...

Someone asked me why I was for a national health care system when I have a great health care plan that will continue upon retirment.

I was floored by the question. I want EVERYONE to have affordable health care like I do. It is only right. It was then that I realized that not everyone thinks about the whole.

Anonymous said...

Yes and what will national healthcare do for the doctors? And what will it actually do for the patients? It will be like Canada where people have to come to America for healthcare because there aren't enough doctors and they wait on lists for so long they die before they ever get in to one.

Amanda said...

I was joking about the lazy bit. Without going into it, voting would involve quite a bit of trouble (aka. red tape) for me and I have plenty of that in other areas at the moment.

That said, I do have a large family in the States that feels as you do, so it's all good.