Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Can I get a Witness

Alice, has such bad knees that it is painful to watch her hobble into my office. Today she told me that within the next two weeks she will get her knee replaced, and that is a good thing.

However, that means her sister will have to be round to drive her back from the hospital when she is ready to come home.

That means she can't tell her sister that, despite all of her sister's efforts to bring her to God and to show her the path to eternal salvation, she is not going to join in and become a Jehovah's Witness.

Alice knows that when she tells her sister this, her sister will beat her up.

In the name of God.

2 comments:

Jade Rocks said...

I dated a Jehovah's Witness once. We actually lived together for a short period. He was an alcoholic and a drug addict, but checked himself into rehab when I left him. I came back to him after of course and the left again when he made me hide in the bedroom when the "witnesses" came to call. Plus, I missed Christmas and Birtdays! What kinda religion is it that won't let you celebrate holidays! Yea, sign me up for that...

Anonymous said...

I am a Jehovah's Witness. Do you mean that 'Alice's' sister is literally abusive to her? That is unaccaptable. And if if 'Alice's' sister is....overzealous in the sharing of her beliefs so that she fails to respect the free will that we all have (I mean, even God doesn't force us to serve Him. Who are we to try to force one another?) that also needs to be addressed.

And, Jade - that individual had issues that he was trying to hide. Anyone can claim to be something, but if you are really dedicated to a Christian lifestyle, you make choices. It seems that he couldn't decide, and was ashamed of the choices that he did make when they came face to face. I hope that he's better and that he's made up his mind.