Friday, March 16, 2007

rocks

I must admit that Eve is an attractive woman. I also know it's a bad sign when I notice that a woman is attractive because it usually means that the woman doesn't know how to turn it off.

I mean, I see many attractive women (and that makes it more fun) but their appearance very quickly fades as part of what is going on in therapy. I almost always focus on what is going on psychologically. I couldn't work unless I could do that. The times when I get distracted, I know that the woman continues, almost always unconsciously, to be somewhat provocative.

Anyway, Eve was seeing me after coming out of detox. She went in because she and her sometime boyfriend had spent the last two weeks partying, and she couldn't take it anymore. When she came out she told him, Bob, that they she couldn't see him if they were drinking. He agreed.

But they went out again, and they got drunk for the whole weekend. Eve came home and went next door to an older man, Carl. He took her in, put her in his spare room, gave her some Atavan and she recovered.

The next weekend, in order to stay away from Bob, she went out with Dan, who was rich, and didn't drink much. She did OK, but was bored.

A week later Bob came back and swore that he loved her. She knew she loved him. Five days later she was back in detox.

She came out, convincing the doctors that she finally knew better. She was home one day when Bob showed up. He promised he wouldn't drink again and to show he loved her he gave her a two thousand dollar ring. He said if they were still together in a month he would buy her a real ring. She ran to Carl's house, crying. Carl took a four thousand dollar ring out of a box and told her he had always loved her.

Eve went home, stunned. She answered the phone. Dan was calling from Chicago. He said he had been thinking about her for weeks. He was flying home and going to bring her the ring he bought. He would save her from all her troubles.

Eve sat in my office and told he all this yesterday. I couldn't have made this up. The details are even more ridiculous.

After she showed me the two rings, nice big rocks, she kept saying, "Come on Dr. T. this isn't funny."

But, it was.

6 comments:

TGS said...

Well, if she doesn't love any of them, here is my advice:

Take each ring and skip town.

Ok, maybe not the best solution, but it would add to the drama. :)

Jay M. said...

He was laughing, because he knew he had them beat. He reached into his pocket, pulling out a $10,000 ring and was confident Eve would choose him!

Amanda said...

LOL@Jay m.

CCC said...

I agree! Too funny :D

Anonymous said...

rocks on.
rocks off.

very funny,were it not so pathetic!

Ms. Meander said...

oh, crap. she's the reincarnation of my mother. *headdesk*