Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Filling Time

Life takes a long time; which is good. I like that. If people die young it's tragic, especially if that was me.

In two weeks it will be my 39th anniversary. 33 good years! That's not a bad ratio.

I have clients who have been married three or four times in a shorter span of time. They have been divorced, widowed, left and been left. All the while I've been sitting here.

I have clients who were in the Peace Corps, went to China, biked across the USA, were in jail in Morocco, fought for, or was it against, the Sandinistas, went bankrupt three times, made and lost three fortunes, or else are still living in their mother's basement at fifty-three.

I see a woman who has had sex with at least twenty different men during the two years I've known her, and I see three fifty year-olds who who have never had the experience.

I see one guy who has six kids with five different women and gives them each $50 a week. He tells me he is a good father. He doesn't know I saw his daughter for a while. She told me he wasn't.

There are a lot of different ways to fill up your time here on earth.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Ah, a soap opera. Right out of days of our lives....

Congratulations on your anniversary, but only 33 good years-out of 39? I guess that's a pretty good ratio...

Patty said...

What's that saying? "Variety is the spice of life." Sounds like for you it means job security.

Sending you lots of birthday blessings for a special day, in celebration of a special person.

Yes I'm refering to you!

Amanda said...

For a moment I thought I had recognized Eddie Murphy as your client.

Nilsa S. said...

I do not work in your world, so this question comes from curiosity/ignorance. Is there a conflict of interest counseling both a father and daughter, particularly when one does not know the other is seeing you?

CCC said...

that for effing sure...

CCC said...

....about the many ways to fill your hrs here on earth.