Wednesday, December 12, 2007

stuck

Ronna is quite attractive, with a very winning smile, even though she is about 120 pounds over-weight. Her weight problem has led to other medical problems which has resulted in her losing her job.

Now she is without a job and is poor.

She is attractive, very articulate, and easy to get along with. That gives me the false impression that she should be able to see what has happened to her and make the necessary changes.

But she is stuck. She has been knocked down so often that she doesn't see the point in getting up.

In many ways she has been dealt bad cards and delivered into bad situations that were totally out of her control. But, in other way she has come to accept that as the way life is.

It is my job to show her that the effort to make these difficult changes will be worth it. If I can support her through the first small steps, and prevent her from resenting the effort it takes, she could begin to do very well.

I just wish she would help me a little more.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Reminds me of a little saying I hold near and dear... "God helps those who help themselves," only I guess in this case we should insert therapist for GOd.

I am confident you will be able to help her discover the spark that gets her fire re-lit.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's very hard to unboil the frog. But I have great faith in you. And her.

Warped Mind said...

I enjoy your blog very much. We all want quick fixes and even better if we can get someone else to fix it for us. Reading your blog reminds me I have to be the one who is responsible for my life.