Sunday, August 31, 2008

What is important

Well you guys are correct. The goodness of life lies in the details, especially in the friends and family.

But, there is also the importance of pushing for your beliefs and causes, and that is what I will be doing over the next few weeks.
I feel that this country is at a very crucial, historic and vital crossroads. This election could be more important that any election since 1860. The two candidates hold very different views of how our government should work, what our country's role in the world should be, and what the basic values of this country will be.

While I do not feel that Mr. Obama is the great savior, I do feel that his message and the direction he wants to lead us in is so much more positive and helpful that Mr. McCain.

I know there are thousands of political blogs, and I will be writing about politics more than usual, but I will also be visiting many of the other blogs out there and hoping to draw people into a discussion about what kind of country they want to live in.

I am doing this for my own mental health, for my children's future, in order to help my clients find easier ways to have health care, get an education and stay out of debt.

This is important. Maybe we can all work together to get it done.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I really admire your attentiveness to the upcoming election and you working hard on your Canidates behalf. Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. I know you are leaning toward Obama...great for you. I want to let you know that I will not blog about politics...too personal, please understand.I honestly would rather talk about stuff that takes my mind off of the issues. I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day Holiday!
***(Labor Day, right...) - Does anyone understand the meaning of having YOUNG children?~NO TIME OFF, SERIOUSLY!***
I really hope all is well.

Amanda said...

I totally agree that love is number one of the To Do List.

Yet life is about passion too. (ie. recognizing what is important to you and going after it.)

While I have very little to offer in the way of politics, I do have some economic insight, and if I can offer that in a helpful manner I will.

Patty said...

Thanks for opening the dialog Therapist. I am with you in wanting to gather information from regular people and forgo the paid advertisements.

I think all are in agreement that some kind of change is needed, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out some November.

I have some good comments from a post in which I requested people share their views with me to help me form my own that you might want to check out; 8/28/08.

Darlene said...

I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on the candidates. Whether we agree or disagree there's always something to learn from another's perspective.