Saturday, September 27, 2008

Great Theater

Wow!
All of this is better, and more unexpected and unpredictable than any TV show. Unfortunately, so many people seem to view this election as if it was "American Idol."

You have to have some kind of admiration for John McCain. You never know what he will do next, and you never quite know what he is thinking. While this may be great for a self proclaimed "maverick," it is really terrifying to think of a President acting that way. A little stability in a time of crisis could be helpful.

He "suspended" his campaign to run to Washington, as if anyone could suspend a Presidential campaign five weeks before the election. Did he mean that no one should pay attention to what he was doing? I don't think that was what he meant. I think what he meant was: watch me act like I'm concerned, but I rally don't quite know what I'm doing. He also may have been trying to find a way to eliminate the vice-presidential debate, before Sarah tells the world that she knows all about foreign policy because Putin flies over her house.

A good thing is that even many of my clients, many of whom don't pay much attention to who is running their country, are paying attention now. I also think that as Obama continues to be on TV all the time, in ads, in debates, inginterviews, people will begin to see him as Obama, the Liberal Democrat, but much less as Obama, the Black guy. He is just becoming familiar, and that is a good thing for this county.

Unfortunately, Palin is not doing the same for women. She is fulfilling the stereotype of the not too swift beauty-pageant lady, who wants to bring peace to the world but whose talent is baton twirling.

Obama survived the debate about foreign policy, which is supposed to be McCain's strength. It is impressive that McCain has been to all these countries and knows all these people, but his stace seems to be ready to go to war with them all. He doesn't seem to see that going to war hasn't been too successful over the last fifty years.

Obama's lead is building, but who knows, one explosion, a TV appearance by Satan on David Letterman, or Tina Fey coming out in support of McCain, and everything could swing the other way very quickly.

6 comments:

Shelley said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. I just wanted to let you know...I'm not sure which posts of mine gave you the impression that I was conservative. I really try to stay away from politics on my blog, because I know a lot of people that I consider friends disagree with me, especially here in the home of Senator John McCain. My parents are ultra-conservative, and getting moreso each day they age.

However, I seem to fall much more towards the other end of the spectrum. My husband often refers to me as a bleeding heart liberal, and although he doesn't mean it as a compliment, I wear that badge with pride. Four years ago, when Barack Obama spoke at the Democratic National Convention, I was entralled. I said, "That's the guy who should run for president." At the time, he said he had no plans to run. Two years later, he still said he had no plans to run. You can imagine how thrilled I was when he finally did get into the race. I voted for him in the Dem primary, even though Hillary won Arizona. I will vote for him again, even though in this state, my vote won't mean squat. Even Michael Dukakis won his home state. Even so, even though I know Arizona will go McCain, I will still go and vote, just on principle. Obama all the way!

Now I'm going to have to go back and read some of my posts and figure out how or why I could ever possibly sound conservative. Was it because I was offended by the McDonald's skanky My Scene dolls on skates?

Shelley said...

Darn it...I meant "enthralled", not entralled. I should really read my comments before I hit publish.

De Campo said...

I tried to suspend the war here in Iraq until the financial mess blew over all to no avail.

Anonymous said...

Obama said he was in contact and someone could contact him if he was "needed." Would you rather have someone who is proactive or someone who is actually TRYING to go do something.

Obama is an idiot and so is anyone who would vote for home.

Have you ever heard of ACORN? Hello!!!

Ever heard of Bill Ayers?
Hello!!!

Your voting for Obama because he's BLACK, not because he'd make a good president. Hell, I'd vote for Condaleeza Rice and she's black AND FEMALE. Imagine that! I am so sick of people playing the race card.

Why not stop playing hyperbole and get a grasp on the real issues at hand:
http://mpinkeyes.wordpress.com/2008/02/24/video-barack-obamas-scary-national-defense-policy/

Raine said...

Guy above seems to think he can read your mind and motives. Amazing. You got a free psychic reading LOLOL

Amanda said...

I hope you are ok, Doc.