Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Advice

This is what I've learned, from my own experience and from dealing with any health care system anywhere.

The best advice is that if you want to stay healthy -- don't get sick.

Once you get sick you get sucked into the system and then you have a tough time getting out.

I'm still walking around with one eye, knocking things over and wondering when it's going to knock me over. Stress. I've been taking eye drops and then I developed a rash on my cheek, which was probably from the drops. I showed the doctor and she acted like she didn't know and said I should see a dermatologist.

Right, sure, see another doctor. I just make sure the drops don't spill.

Once you go to the doctor and they start running tests "just to be sure" looking for things you never even thought about and now you're worried for two weeks. They forget to call you and tell you that there probably isn't anything wrong, but maybe another test would make it clearer.

Enough, enough!

Eat right, take walks and smile.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

This is extremely wise advice.

Kind of like my grandfather used to say: "Pray you may never fall into the hands of doctors and lawyers."

Here's a joke for the immune system:

A man asked God how much a million dollars was to him. God replied, ''Oh, about one penny.''

Then the man asked how much an eternity was to him. God replied, ''Oh, about a second.''

Then the man asked. ''Can I have a million dollars and live an eternal life?''

God replied, ''Sure, just wait a sec.''

KathyA said...

And laugh a lot!!