Sunday, July 01, 2012

Summer, again, briefly

Wow, it's been a while.

That's becasue it's summer and there is so much to do.  so much to do without thinking about it.

Right now I am officially on vacation for a week.  Before this I was working days and then taking off whenever I could.  Here in New England, when the sun comes out you had better be there because it all ends quickly. It doesn't matter if you're out to get in the water, hit a ball, ride a bike or just take a walk; the time is short.  We don't get Spring, except for about three days.  It goes from 42 degrees and drizzle to 87 degrees and heat.

Work in the summer is different.  There are fewer patients but they are nuttier. Everyone half same takes off and gets outside.  The fragile ones go into crisis. It's the heat, the moon, the outside.  It's the alcohol, the half naked women, the resentments.

The day before I was leaving I get an emergency from someone I had not seen for three years. Falling apart, laying on the floor of the H.R. office crying.  The next day I guy I hand't seen for four years comes to my office ten minutes before my first appointment.  He needs to talk.

"Some people claim that there's a woman to blame." And they are correct.

But tomorrow the Grandgril comes, and after Elmo, I'm one of her favoirtite guys. Let's go to the beach.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so right about the heat bringing out the worst in the nuts. Ugh.

Forsythia said...

Not to mention the full moon. :-)