Monday, March 16, 2015

Very old, but New to me

Tonight we get on a plane and fly away.  It's part of the changes in my life as I morph into being one of the travelling "young-old". There are flocks of us, from almost every country, going almost everywhere.  We are even going on a tour, which is something I've never done.Aside from basketball and baseball, I never meshed well with group things.

I always preferred to feel my way along in the dark.

But we are headed to a hot spot, and it's better to be with a group.
Israel.
The election is going on there.  Just like here, we will see if a huge amount of American money from very few sources ( many of the same sources actually) can decide who runs  a country.

As many of you know by now, my religious commitments are vague at best.  Still, we will see most of the historical sites, places that date back hundred and thousand of years.  These places have a long history of people claiming important reasons for being there, and getting quite upset if others want to be there too.  All that ruckus continues to this day, and it would be fascinating to see it all if all of this had not resulted in so many fatalities.

My view on all of this is that I am totally skeptical of anyone who is certain that they have the truth, the ONLY truth.

I know I'm right about that....but I could be wrong.

2 comments:

Forsythia said...

Bon Voyage. Enjoy the sights and sounds and tastes and smells of what must be one of the most fascinating places on earth.

Lena said...

Good for you! I can't wait to read your posts about this fascinating trip!