Saturday, January 13, 2007

Two Things

1.
Sometimes, as a therapist, I run into an awkward moment. A few weeks ago I saw an old patient returned. I had not seen her for about two years. She had first seen me about eight years ago when she had panic attacks, and again six years ago when she was beginning a new business. She was smart and fun. She came from a crazy family that haunted and degraded her, but she was making great strides in overcoming all that.

But when she appeared for her appointment she was wearing a slick new windbreaker that she ostentatiously took off, revealing a brightly colored V-neck T-shirt. Things were her were clearly different. But how, as a therapist, do I say anything? or should I?

So I didn't say anything at our first meeting.

Eventually, the subject matter came around to how men have been flocking around her more than usual. So I said "Well, you are a bit different, aren't you?"

But she wouldn't be helpful and just answer. She had to say "How do you mean that?"
So I had to say "You've been enhanced, did't you?" Then she said: "You like them don't you?"

"Sure," I said, " I'm not that old."

Which leads me to

#2

It's not a good sign for your marriage if you wife goes an invests in a new pair of tits. I've been through this about four times now, and each time, within six months, she was gone with some guy in a Mercedes.

I know one ex-husband who demanded the cost back as part of the divorce settlement. I think he got it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds definately awkward. :)

skinnylittleblonde said...

LOL, so if I ever wanna get divorced, I should just go get a boob job and give it 6 months?

Amanda said...

Hilarious! :D

I can't say I haven't been tempted, but I just can't bring myself to have invasive surgery for a dude, any dude. Maybe I'm not yet desperate enough...

Anonymous said...

(oYo)=Mercedes???

I've been jipped!!!