Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Not a good sign

I went away for the end of August. I left everyone and went out in my kayak among the reeds and rushes.

When I came back I was relieved to find that no one had decompensated to the point of needing to go into the hospital. No one got arrested or had any major tragedy. That was good.

In fact it seemed like good things had happened while I was gone. R left me a message saying she would have to change her appointment because she had gotten engaged while I was away and that she was getting married on the Friday following my return.

This seemed a bit hasty because before I left she was telling me that after going out with this guy for six months she had several doubts about how loyal and committed he could be. I guess she felt he could demonstrate his commitment by marrying her.

In these matters I may say that I think this action is a bit rash, but I don't feel that it is my place to be against it. No one would listen anyway.

"Think about what you're doing." That's all I say.

Yesterday R left a message, she and he had just left the court house. They signed the papers ending the marriage. Not quite two weeks.

BUT, then he says to her. Now that we have finished with that disaster I think we can start totally fresh and this time we will get it right.

This time when I saw her I was more definitive. At least take a break, I said. Don't see him for a month. If you still want to talk to him after that, and if he is still there (which he won't be) then you can consider talking to him. Although I would think that enough is enough.

As far as relationships go, a two week marriage is not a good sign.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Most people spend more time picking out a new car, than they do choosing a husband or a wife. This group used to include me.

Never again.