Thursday, February 05, 2009

In-sight?

I am away, watching the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico, beautiful shades of orange, purple, dark blue and black. I love sunsets. What I don't like is freezing my ass off, but that is what we have been blessed with her in the Sunshine State. Yes, the sun is shining, but it is glistening off of the frost.

The good part is that I can it clearly. I got my new glasses just before we left. They are in new frames and make me look a bit cooler, but I also got a new prescription. I can see better. After all these years I got an improvement. My vision has never been great. My vision, while not terrible, is certainly no where near fighter-pilot clarity, so when I tried on my new glasses I immediately noticed that I could see a couple of notches better -- vision being graded on a scale of notches. That's good and bad. I can read better, even at night, but the news I read still isn't good. I can look in the mirror and see my new cool frames, but the face they are sitting on has aged considerably since the last time I could see this clearly. Look at those crags and wrinkles and jowls, who wants to see that so clearly.

Reality, not the best place to live.

3 comments:

KathyA said...

I've often thought that reality is not all it's cracked up to be. Oh to be delusional at least for a bit! I bought a magnifying mirror and almost threw it out the first time I looked into it.

We also enjoy the sunsets of the west coast of Florida. Sorry, it's marred by the cold. Perhaps it will warm up before you go home. I hope so.

Amanda said...

Which reminds me. I need to check out the ticker symbol for Miller beer.

Portia said...

must agree about reality, glad you found an escape for a bit