Thursday, June 25, 2009

One Great Weekend

The wedding went Great!

What more can I say. My youngest kid, the tall, bald one, has been with this very attractive, strong-willed yet socially charming, while still being smart and ambitious, young woman for a couple of years now. He finally felt like he was ready, and that the time was right. She took over after that and made the arrangements.

About 100 of us drove up into the mountains. The rain stopped just long enough. Not being very religious they had a J.P. The J.P. made no pretenses at pontificating. She said do you take her, and do you take him. They said yes and then we had a party for the next six hours.

What more can you do?

Now I'm two for two in the "hope they marry great people" department.

Nothing left for me to do but wait around for the next chapter.

(I also want to thank Logo, along with many other of you, for the occasional comment. It's good to know someone's out there in virtual land.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Makes life even better when great kids, marry great people.

Maybe grandparenthood will soon follow. It is unbelievable. It is all the love you feel for your child, times two.

Just so you know, your blog is one of my favorites. I used to check it everyday for new posts. Since you have been writing less, I have missed your insightful thoughts.

Thanks
Julie

Amanda said...

Congratulations. :) :)

KathyA said...

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you and for your kids.

Lena said...

congratulations! Our son is getting married in October and we feel the same way.

libelula said...

How proud you must be! I do believe that raising healthy, happy and well-adjusted kids is the best testament of our abilitites, not only as parents but as solid human beings.

Then, if we're really, really lucky, we get grandkids! And what a joy they are! I hope you get your turn soon so you can expereince the joy of seeing your own child reflected in a new, tiny facsimile.

Congratulation Doc and I hope your eye is healing properly.

susy