Monday, February 01, 2010

Walk-in

These days about half of my new clients call me to make an appointment, the other, mostly younger half send an email. I don't usually get walk-ins. But I did today.

He was sitting in a chair in the waiting room. My scheduled client was already there, so I didn't think he was coming to see me, but I also knew that the other therapist who is usually in the office on Monday afternoon had left. He looked up quizzically as I came out to greet my expected client, so I returned the puzzled gaze. He then asked if I was who I am, and I replied that I was.

Then this gentlemen stood up and asked if I had an appointment available in the not too distant future. By the time he finished asking he was up to his full height of about 6' 4". He was a large, powerful looking gentleman, weighing about 280 pounds, with big shoulders showing through his leather jacket. His hair was slicked straight back and his eyes were dark and direct. There were black and red strands of the top of a tattoo reaching around his neck.

"I need some anger management." he said in a soft voice.

I gave him an appointment anyway.

1 comment:

KathyA said...

I'm still laughing.