Tuesday, January 04, 2011

2011

So, It's a new year.  What are you gonna do?
Lose weight? Drink more? Learn to SCUBA dive? Bet on nothing but Black and #27?

This year is going to be different for me.  How?  I'm not sure yet, but I am being told that it's time to make changes.

Change come with difficulty.  I know that.

All I expect to do is change one day a week.  Soon, the government will send me checks so I won't have to work so hard.  But what else is there to do? That's the question.

I can spend the time that I  gain from not working to stretch, exercise, cook well, eat right, and get more rest, so that I can live longer, and have more time to stretch, exercise, cook well, eat right and try not to die.  That doesn't seem too exciting.

Or maybe I will through caution to the wind and eat a lot of bacon-cheeseburgers and go heli-skiing until my knees fall off.

But I have been reading that doing and learning new things is the best way to rejuvenate my old brain and get it to perform better and longer in many different areas. So maybe, using this one a day week, I can learn to play the banjo and go to school and get a Ph.D. in genetics.

At least it will give me more time to write a blog.  Have to keep my mind open to all possibilities and see what emerges. 

4 comments:

Lena said...

Having more blog posts from you will be great!

Happy New Year!

Forsythia said...

Be sure to tell us what changes you are going to make. I've thought of learning Spanish, but then I thought, Nah.

Raine said...

I will look forward to reading more blogs from you. Hope you had happy holidays!

Bongo said...

Why do people wait till new years day to change.. Why that day??? Like that day is different from any other day? The big ball drops on their head and WHAM they wanna change... if someone wants to change they do and if not then they don't..why wait till that day to make the decision? Me I don't like change.... but sure wouldn't mind more blog posts from you...just sayin....