Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving

I am off now for the long holiday weekend.
I have seen 24 hours of people in two and half days. I could have seen 100 if I had the time and could keep my head on straight.

Families are such wonderful things. All of December will be packed because of the "holiday season."

Here are some of the things I got to talk about as Thanksgiving approached:

The first Thanksgiving without Mom.

The first Thanksgiving after the divorce

The last one of the marriage, since we are separating after the holidays.

Who do I invite to Thanksgiving since last year one of my sisters seduced my other sister's husband?

I am going to my in-laws, but I'm nervous because my mother-in-law told my husband that for his birthday last month she wanted to pay for a divorce. She always acts nice around me.

I am not going to say anything this year. I am just going to sit and watch my aunts and uncles get angrier and angrier as they rehash the same arguments they have been having for twenty years. I will wait to see who throws the cranberry sauce first.

I am going to stay sober. You'd better or you will end up out on your ass.

I convinced the judge to give me my daughter for the holiday becasue I know my wife and hr boyfriend will be having cocaine instead of turkey.

My recently "born again" mother won't let me in the house because I'm living with my boyfriend. The fact that she had me two years before she was married doesn't seem to matter now.

I'm not letting my kids go with my not yet ex-husband if he has his girlfriend over there.

I have to stay home for the day, otherwise "they" will break into my house and cut the stitching out of the tops of my new hats.

And, of course three people who have no place to go and no one to be with. I know that two of them will get drunk.

I hope things are better where you are. Fourteen people will be squeezing into the little box I live in. I think I know most of them. I hope they feel welcome.

2 comments:

skinnylittleblonde said...

LOL at some of the presicaments presented to you....boy, that'll make you feel Thankful! I hope you have a beautiful one!

Enemy of the Republic said...

So we share the same friends. Thanks for visiting!