Tuesday, April 03, 2007

more love gone bad

They divorced after he had demeaned and degraded her for years. When she finally threw him out she needed a restraining order to get him to go. He couldn't believe she would ever do that. He really believed that she couldn't live without him, even though, of course, he's the one who can barely cope.

Now,seven years later, he is still fuming and full of resentment. He makes his feelings known to their children who are now twelve and ten. He also shows them he loves them buy buying them things with the money he should be sending in child support. He bought his twelve year-old daughter a phone that takes pictures, gets email, takes and receives videos, text messages and even makes phone calls. He told her not to tell her mother she had it.

A week later, at one in the morning, the mother caught her daughter sending text messages to a fourteen year-old boy. She took the phone away and put it in the draw. She aid the girl can't have it back until she is mature enough, and who knows when that will be.

Three days after the daughter's next visit with her father the mother received a summons in the mail. The father is taking her to small claims court for $250 because he says she stole the phone he gave his daughter.

Another fine use of the American Judicial System. I';; let you know how it turns out.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

After going through my own ugly, ugly divorce many years ago, I'll bet that you hear some unbelievable stories in your practice on that subject. I am always amazed at how mean and truly hateful things can get between two people who once LOVED each other. The sad part is that the children always pay. Thanks for the great posts!

Amanda said...

It is my fondest hope, that one day the law will consider an acrimonious divorce equal to extreme child abuse.

Tiffanie said...

I feel for the girl. She is the one who is getting abused now. Having one parent tell you not to tell the other parent about something, being put in the middle. That is what I fear my husband does to my kids on his visits. They come back crying sometimes and I don't like it.

I removed myself from the situation, but nothing I can do about how he treats them on his time with them.