Sunday, November 09, 2008

Back at it.

The historic week has ended. I am envigrrated for a better world, but right now I have to deal with the one we have. That means that today I got up and went back to the office.

The misery business, as my father-in-law always called it, is booming. Financial pressure puts pressure on relationships; stress is everywhere. People are struggling, people are angry, people are sad. That's OK, that's what I have to deal with.

I'll tell you what's tough. It dealing with the narcissists. When people are in a difficult situation, or have difficulties in their heads, or are just difficult, that's fine. But when someone feels that all the troubles have been heaped upon them, and then they just sit there and complain that no one is lifting them off fast enough, that is when the job seems difficult and taxing.

Understanding your problems is helpful. Explaining is helpful.

Blaming is not.

Hey, don't blame me, I'm just the therapist.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Blaming...

Picking navel lint is probably more useful.

Jamie said...

Can I have this stitched on a pillow and give it to everyone? Please?

Thanks therapist.

:)