Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Letter

Before I get to wishing everyone a happy and healthy Thanksgiving, I would like to say, once again, that the job I have is "endlessly fascinating" {that's something my mother always said when she couldn't figure out what was going on} and also, often, a bit weird.

I worked hard this week for two days, getting people set to deal with whatever variation of family they have to co-exist with, when I got a letter. This is not the way I am usually introduced to people. These days a phone call, and now more often an email, is the method most people use to try to arrange a first appointment.

This letter was about seven single spaced typed pages. It gave pretty graphic descriptions of stuff that is supposedly going on in private in a town close to where I work. None of the exact details were included that would allow me to verify that the people mentioned actually exist.

The situation described in the letter was not actually that unique or that terrible. It was the letter itself, it's format, language and detail that makes me wonder what is really going on. who would write all this and why? I have my ideas, but ... those are just hypotheses.

At the end of the letter the writer said I would get a call after Thanksgiving to set up an appointment.

Perhaps things will be revealed.

Now, it is time to wish you all a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous, even in these times,
Thanksgiving.

Remember, appreciate the people around you. They are doing the best they can.

4 comments:

Lena said...

Very good advice, we are all doing the best that we can. I will think about that tomorrow...often I bet.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well!

Amanda said...

Wow. This job never gets boring, does it.

Happy Thanksgiving to "you all" too. :)

KathyA said...

Thank you -- how practical yet profound is your advice! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

Jamie said...

Hmmm....very interesting stuff. You have a real life mystery on your hands.

Loved your advice, so true.

Hope your holiday was a good one.

:)