Thursday, December 10, 2009

changes

I sat with Bob and we talked about how he has not sent his resume out. It has been six weeks. He almost did it. He is waiting for his girlfriend to review it. He knows he needs a better job. He's been stuck in this one for five years, going nowhere. He could probably get a better one pretty quickly too. He's good at what he does.

Alice should move out of Frank's apartment. They were roommates for a couple of years. Then they were kind of more than than. Then Frank met Betsy and she moved right into his room. Now Alice and Frank are kind of friends and everything is awkward. If she moved out she could see more of Paul, who was once Frank's friend, but isn't any more. But Paul likes Alice, so they meet at the coffee shop. If she wanted to she could move in with her sister....but she doesn't.

Me?? I've been doing the same thing for almost thirty years. Things are getting more diffiuclt, with all of the forms and regulations, and diminished reimbursemnts. Sometimes this almost feels like just a hobby.
I've been thinking I ought to do something else, or at least learn about something else. I've been thinking that for about eight years.

This week I signed up for a six week course. In six weeks my whole life could be changed.

In six weeks I may be a gastroenterologist.

No, that's not the title of the course. I'd better check-- but whatever it is, it's new and different.

3 comments:

Raine said...

I hoep you enjoy the course, whatever it is

KathyA said...

You made me laugh aloud!

Jamie said...

This made me laugh.

You know, you seriously deserve an award for listening to all this for so long. I have no idea how you have done it.

I hope you love the course. :)