Friday, July 09, 2010

still summer

The high point of the day was kayaking past the cormorants.  (no laptop in the boat)

The tide was coming in, the wind was blowing out.

That was after Phoebe's mother called to say that Phoebe  ( who I have not seen in two years) broke up with her boyfriend and came home.  She is thinking suicidal thoughts.

I called her and told her not to.  I will see her Monday morning, during the time I had saved to open a week's worth of mail.

It can all wait until Monday.

The cormorants told me that, as they were drying their wings in the sun.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

It can all wait until Monday.

Indeed. I'll make a t-shirt of that and wear it every day except Monday. :)

Forsythia said...

Amanda, what a great idea. That line sounds like the beginning of a poem. In fact, this post has a poetical sound to it.

KathyA said...

"I told her not to". Love it!

Jane said...

Me too, KathyA.
It made me laugh.