Wednesday, April 20, 2011

client called

At least once a month I get a call from someone I have already seen, but who I have not seem for a while.  Many people come to see me for six months to two years and that's about all I have to offer.  But usually by then they have be transformed into amazingly creative, caring, successful, problem solving individuals, whom everyone wants to know a be around.

Often a new situation arises, or some of the fairy dust wears off and they find a reason to come back for a tune-up.  This can happen after one to five years, and often happens again, one to five years later. 

But while I was away I got a call from a woman who said that she had been waiting to call me for a while, and she was pretty sure it was me she wanted to see.  I had seen her once before for a few sessions and put her life on the right track, but now, she felt the need to see me again.

She left her name, but I didn't recognize it.  I called her when I got back, and she explained that she had left her married name, and I would remember her by her maiden name. Also, she is 50 now, and I had last seen her when she was 17, in 1978, and I was working on the other side of the state.

There are a few things she wants to talk about that have happened since then.

Fine, I'm looking forward to it.

4 comments:

Lena said...

wow,that is a long time. I bet that will be a very interesting. It must feel good to you that she wanted to come back to you after so many years.

I hope things work out well for her.

Amanda said...

I'd love fly on the wall when that conversation takes place.

Forsythia said...

That must make you feel good.

Bongo said...

Never know when you've made a difference in a life....looks like you did..have and will again...it's a good thing..As always...XOXO