Saturday, August 07, 2010

Out of Here

This was a difficult week as I am leaving for three weeks, one in the high mountains and two by the sea.  I have certainly been looking forward to it, and now the time has arrived.

What has been difficult is that so many of my clients have been giving me shit about going away.  "Didn't you have a vacation in July?" they inquire.

And so many people seem to remember that Richard Dryfus, Bill Murray movie "What About Bob?" It must have been mentioned ten times this week.

Yes, almost everyone adds that they appreciate that I should get a chance to clea my head once in a while, but how will they survive?

Actually, some of them will take the opportunity to mess-up their lives for a while, make a stupid decision, give in to an impulsive desire, explode at the wrong moment, or on the wrong person.

Maybe not.  Maybe they have learned; change does occur.

We shall see.

I'm not going to think about it.

3 comments:

Lena said...

Good for you for not thinking about it! Relax and enjoy your time away. 3 weeks is a good chunk of time to be gone. It takes me a whole week to just unwind.

Forsythia said...

Lucky duck. Have a good time and let your inner poet out.

KathyA said...

Loved WHAT ABOUT BOB. I bet it's just become clichè for you!
Yes, they'll muddle through just like the rest of us.
Have a relaxing three weeks.